Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Great White North

I've been inspired... by my new blog friend A Little Birdie! Go visit her at her blog A Little Birdie Weds. We spoke briefly about being blogging buddies from Canada. While blogs allow us all to communicate from all corners of the world, it is safe to say that most blogging brides are from the U.S. For the most part, tips, tricks, resources, and suppliers that my neighbourly brides to the south blog about can be accessed and taken advantage of up here in Canada, but there are slight disadvantages... namely, SHIPPING!! While most places will ship to Canada (at a greatly inflated price), some downright refuse to?!?! What's up with that? Anyways, this isn't a rant post, this is an introduction post... to my new weekly feature:

2 The North Tuesdays!!

Yep, you got it, it's my duty as a Canadian Bride-who-Blogs, to give props where props are deserved... to our local wedding elves! I have to be honest though... so far, I have not been the best at taking advantage of our local resources. I hear more about my southern elves, get links to more American finds, and have way more US-based blogging-brides that are downright fabulous... and it's impossible NOT to get inspired by them!! I do hope, though, that some inspiration can start flowing from the north to the south, so let's get it started...

2 The North Tuesday - Edition #1
Ecoware Biodegradable Utensils

Now, before you think that I first found these elves in my backyard, let's clear this one up... I got connected to Ecoware Biodegradable by the infamous Budget Savvy Bride. I mean come on... who doesn't think these are adorable:



from here

I knew these utensils would be perfect for our welcome BBQ, and our day-after-Danish-brunch, so I straight away got in touch with Darrel at Ecoware, and when I realized they were from Canada... holla... yep, I was excited!! Every small victory is celebrated, and when I knew I wouldn't have to pay crazy shipping, that the price quoted was in CAD$$ (wahoo!!), and of course, the main bonus, that these babies were green-green-green, I was raising the roof!! Giddyup and sign-me-up! I will post again soon with the details of my utensil package, but just check em out... LOVE IT!! (PS... personal pic taken during the assembly process)

So, whether you live in Canada or not, Ecoware Biodegradables are a great option for disposable utensils... that are friendly to our environment! We are using them for day-before and day-after parties, but if you are having a more casual/rustic/homegrown wedding, I think they would be perfect for that too!! The only reason we aren't, is because our caterer is taking care of all things utensils!!

Do any of you Canadian brides know of awesome local vendors the rest of us brides should know about?? If you are a Canadian vendor that wants to share your product as part of the 2 the North series, comment below and we can get the word out!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. I love Ecoware and Budget Savvy Bride used them well. Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT Canadian Bride!!! awesome. :)

    Well there are a whole bunch of 'eco-friendly' vendors that aren't specifically wedding related, is this '2 the North Tuesdays' a bloggy-world event?
    OU OU Wait!!

    Lee-Ann Belter, a wedding dress designer, makes ALL of her dresses in.... Toronto!! So no slave labour or wages or sweat shops for her beautiful beautiful dresses :)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Eco Yogini! 2 The North is born here, but how fab would it be if it became a bloggy-world-wide-event!! I would LOVE that!! I will definitely check out Ms. Belter, since I am I already working on a Canuck Wedding Dress post for next week!! If you know of any others, would love to hear about them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HURRAY! SO exciting! Thank you so much for the nod my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a fellow CDN, I LOVe this feature! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete